Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chatroulette Is About To Get Clean!

(Dominic Bazzollo?)

You can now see Chatroulette users’ locations, thanks to a new Google Maps mashup that pinpoints where in the world people are signing in to the voyeuristic video-conferencing service. The new Chatroulette Maps website presents markers of users’ IP addresses on a worldwide map, meaning less anonymity than users have previously experienced (which may go some way to encourage folks to keep it in their pants). Capturing screengrabs of the users, Chatroulette Map then adds them to the map using geo IP tools. The accuracy of tracking locations via IP addresses varies with the provider and area. It’s certainly not super precise technology, but in built-up areas with an ISP with an up-to-date database it can be up to 95% accurate, and elsewhere, certainly enough to get an idea of location.Although Chatroulette uses Adobe’s Stratus platform, the actual webcam hook-up between two users is a peer-to-peer link, which means the user’s IP address is revealed by this direct means of connection. Chatroulette Map says there are plans to make the images rateable, as well as filter out any NSFW content, but for now the service just offers a snapshot of Chatroulette users across the globe. Anyone unhappy with being screengrabbed and mapped can get in touch with the site to have their marker and pic removed, provided they e-mail in a pic of themselves as proof. Will this development put you off using Chatroulette? Do you see it as an invasion of your privacy? Let us know in the comments below.

This is the best news I've ever heard. Let this be a message to all you whack jobs who like to jack dicks on the internet. We will find you, I will post a picture of you, and your life will be ruined. People won't be talking about that time you scored in the state finals. It will be about that time you got caught with your pants down and Ogling Ed Hochuli exposed you to be the sick fuck you are. I can't tell you how excited I am to do my job without the chance of seeing this shit. I'm not just worried about me, I'm worried about the children. After all, they are our future.


P.S. I wasn't joking when I said I'm seriously concerned about how many sex offenders are on that site. Shit keeps me up at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...