Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Love of Video Games

If you ask most college males what the ultimate dick measurer is they would answer video games. Video games give out of shape, usually drunk bums an opportunity to strut their stuff and act like the alpha male he dreams to one day be. I understand that Madden is usually the game of choice, but I’m very excited about the rise in my personal favorite, Fifa. The activities I involve myself in are pretty much narrowed down to: chatroulette, movies & video games. But let me be honest, video games are clearly at the top (chatroulette is rising however). The best thing about video games (and mainly your specific video game) is how important it is to you. I’ve broken countless things after a tough loss in fifa. I haven't talked to friends after they beat me and sometimes won’t talk to them until I beat them again.

Recently, I was visiting a friend in Richmond. Me and a couple of his roommates were hanging out when Xbox came up. Obviously, I asked what the game of the house was and got a little excited when I heard it was Fifa. Now, as any serious video game player will tell you, you take your gaming very serious. This is my Healthcare and I intend to perfect it. I’m always a little nervous when I play a new opponent. I don’t know how he plays. He could be a defensive counter-attacking player, or he could like steady build up and possession. I also take into consideration the away settings. I don’t have my controller, my tv, or my game. To any serious player, those are nice things to have to your advantage. I, as always, pick the best soccer team in the world: Manchester United. He picks another good team, Barcelona. I start the game slow. He gets a couple half chances and dominates possession. Upset with myself, I start to play worse. Around the 20th minute, I settle down and start playing my game. BAM! Rooney makes it 1-0. BAM! Berbatov makes it 2-0. In nothing flat I’m up two goals. Near the end of the first half I knew I could really put a nail in the coffin. Around the 42nd minute I get a little bit of space on the left side of the field and get a decent cross in. Berbatov is unmarked to finish him off and made it 3-0, by halftime I knew the game was mine. I made it 4-0 before the end of the game and felt incredibly proud. He of course demanded a rematch, 4-0 again. The third game? My foot slipped of the pedal and I gave up a goal, 3-1, my victory. The point of this is not to brag about my skills, but instead show the importance of what video games are to us non-athletic, unskilled people. We are finally able to strut our stuff and be the alpha male. And in my opinion, it fucking rocks.


Now after confessing my love for video games, I admit my somewhat lack of romantic skills. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a complete nerd, but I wouldn’t particularly argue if you said I’d prefer to stay up all night and play fifa as opposed to stay up with a girl. So the perfect solution? Play fifa with hot girls! Yes, you got it right, now thanks to Gamecrush, I am able to play fifa with sexy, dirty women. But wait, it can get even better. Users are given a choice between “flirty” and “dirty”, which, if I’m correct, means I get to talk dirty while playing fifa. There may just be a God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...