Thursday, March 18, 2010

Things Don't Look So Good For Our Boy


The Arizona Cardinals and former Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson have agreed to a two-year contract worth $7.25 million, a source told ESPN.com Wednesday. The source said the deal includes $3.25 million guaranteed, and with incentives would max out at $18.25 million. Anderson would compete with current Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart for the starting job. Leinart had been the only quarterback on Arizona's roster following the retirement of Kurt Warner. "We have seen a tremendous amount of growth from Matt. He has worked hard," coach Ken Whisenhunt said Wednesday, "but I am also excited about Derek and there will be competition at that position. That's not anything different than what we have at other positions."

Not good. Not good at all. Leinart can't handle this pressure and now he'll crumble. Cardinals pretty much brought in a Kurt Warner type of guy to come in and steal the job away again. Why can't Arizona just accept Leinart for what he is? A dude. He's a dude. In other words, Matt is a good hang. I'm sure he's a great locker room guy, too. Anderson doesn't strike me as that fun. He's like a girl. Can I hang out with a girl for 5 hours? I cannot. We can go to the movies, maybe a grab a bite. No shopping. I shop alone. It's a only a matter of time before the training wheels fall off and my mouth starts throwing daggers. At the end of the day I want Leinart to succeed in this league. Too many pretty boys with no edge or personality. Matt Leinart can be in GQ, win a game, go to the bar, pop bottles then close the night out with a little NHL 2010 on the xbox 360 with the boys. My kind of guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...