Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Opening Day Is 5 Days Away. Buckle Up.

Let's get right to the point. I love this team. I wasn't so hot in the pants about them 3 months ago when they were putting it all together but now I really am. What's not to like about the deepest/most talented pitching staff in the game? It's a fortunate issue to have when you have trouble fitting a pitcher like Dice-K and Bucholz into your rotation. All I'm saying is in the playoffs we're gonna be terrifying. Like guys will be going bat shit over the thought of facing Beckett, Lester and Lackey in 3 consecutive games. How many regular season series will we sweep with those 3? Good Lord. And then all the doubters want to make fun of how we went after defense instead of offense but I don't really think we have a ton to worry about. I think this team is drastically better than last season. We're younger, faster, better, stronger, and Adrian Beltre just fucking excites me. I've always wanted him. I've always believed in him. I've always loved him and now he's one of my own. Welcome to the wolfpack. Which brings up another point about the improvement of this squad. Beltre can mash it. He's gonna kill it this year at the plate at Fenway. Pretty solid numbers last year and that was playing half his games at Safeco. Not exactly your backyard baseball stadium. He has a Fenway swing. My only fear there is Mikey Lowell on the team might fuck with his head. I ktnow when people come out and tell me Scotty had a great post, I lose a little sleep. I feel like Kobe when Lebron came into the league. Scutaro is blehh. I don't love him but he's better than any player we've ever had at Shortstop(except Nomar, may he rest in peace). The other side of the infield will be money as usual. Pedroia and Youk just cleaning shit up. Perennial MVP candidates. I'm in love with them. And now it's when things get sticky. Possibly a little ugly. David Ortiz. He better fucking bring it this year or shits gonna hit the fan in beantown. Last year players stuck by him but I'm not so sure about 2010. I think he'll be alright. Between him and Cameron though, I worry about the offensive production. Old bones creep me out. Ellsbury moving to left field is probably the best move the Sox made all offseason. Just genious. Young guy, save his legs, give the monster seat fans something to look at. Jacoby can have a break out year. I feel it. I don't know why but I feel it. We still have JD Drew, right? All I can say about him is he is what he is. Won't get anything more from him. Won't get anything less. I don't have a real issue with that because he's been decent. Oh yeah, V-Mart is fantastic. Don't tell me the Yankees didn't shit their pants when the Sox resigned Martinez and the Twins made Mauer rich for the rest of his life. They can talk about their defending champs and shit but they're worried for the future. And if they're not, they should be. World Series Champs 2010 has a nice ring to it.


P.S. That post took me 9 minutes to write. That's what a veteran on top of his game looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...