Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tonight's Sweet 16 Picks A.K.A. "If I Fuck This Up, I'm Gonna Need You To Hold Me"



Butler/Syracuse: I'd be lying if I said this game didn't worry me a little but it shouldn't. Let's look at the facts. Arinze isn't playing again for the 3rd straight game. If we were playing Kentucky, I'd be scared but we're not. It's Butler. Their "center" is is 6 foot 7. The height of our small forward. Yeah, Butler can shoot the shit out of the ball and that seems to be the killer of a 2-3 zone but you gotta be fucking money to beat Syracuse. Like you gotta be on your A game and then some. I don't think Butler is capable of playing to that level even on their best day. Maybe on Sunday but this is Thursday. I'm going 'Cuse all the way to Indy.

Kansas St./Xavier: C'mon. Kansas State by a football field. No contest. Won't waste my time. They're phenomenal.


Kentucky/Cornell:
This one will be fun. I think Kentucky can come into this game and smash Cornell into pieces. They're capable of it but I don't think they will. I know nothing about Cornell. My biggest regret is that I have yet to see them play except for highlights on SportsCenter. On onebhand do I think this will be a blow out? Yes. But on the other do I think it's not just a coincidence that Cornell is playing on the same night as a new episode of The Office in which Andy Bernard, the pride of Cornell stars? Something to think about.

WVU/Washington: Don't care that the starting PG for West Virginia is out. The honeymoon is over for Washington. Over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...