Monday, March 15, 2010

2nd Annual March Madness "Rza Tell Me Where To Turn" Post

(bitches man, bitches)

Big day as usual. The Monday after Selection Sunday always is. I haven't even checked out the gossip blogs today because I have March Madness fever. This year is tough, though. I think there are 3 top teams in college basketball this year and the rest are just bleh. Very vanilla. And that's scary because they're all the type of team that can play like dirt on Thursday then wake up and bite you on the ass on Saturday. Last season left me burned. I came out of March a completely beaten down man. Like a 3 legged dog making its way down the street. I killed the first two rounds then my wheel of destiny unraveled. But I've done some soul searching and am finally ready to do this for the 2nd year in a row. Region by region, let's break this motherfucker down.
East: Kentucky is the favorite but why? SEC is weak in my opinion and you gotta throw in that youth factor. But there really isn't any threat in this bracket. West Virginia doesn't do it for me. Too many times I watched them lose big games rather than win them. Big East tourny champs my ass. They beat Georgetown. G'Town is garbage. It's gonna be interesting what Texas team shows up in the 8/9 match with Wake. Could Texas revert back to their #1 self? Maybe. Doubt it. If they coulda, they woulda already. Like there really is no threat to Kentucky here. Throw Marquette in the sweet 16. That's all I got for you in the East.

West: This is one kills me. My heart says Syracuse obviously but my mind says, not so fast my friend. Kansas State scares the fuck out of me. They're just dangerous. It could honestly go either way. A lot of it comes down to my gut and my gut says go with your instincts and my instincts say Syracuse, no matter how depressing the city is. The bottom line here is it's gonna come down to SU/KSU in regional final. How they get there might be a little funky. UTEP could make a sweet 16 run just because I don't like Butler's size and Vandy might be the most overrated squad in the country. I fell in love with Minnesota on Saturday but by Sunday the honey moon was over and we were filing our divorce papers. Not tough enough for me. Xavier might be an A-10 team but the Big 10 is weak as well so it's a bit of a wash. UTEP, Cuse, Pitt, Kansas State are sweet 16 bound. Blah, blah, Syracuse comes out of the West after a nail biter with Kansas State. I hope.

South: This region just fucking disgusts me. I hate Duke. I think they're overrated . I think they play like a bunch of vaginas. And I think Louisville can take them to the brink in a round 2 game in a battle of 1 vs 9. Duke has the easiest road to the final 4 but they're probably the 5th or 6th best team in the field of 64. But this region is where I roll the fucking dice. It's honestly gonna make me a man or turn me into a crying little bitch. When it's all said and done, villagers will yell from the mountain tops, "That boy has balls of steel." Why you ask? (13)Siena will take out (4)Purdue without question. I've never seen a team play so horribly than I did on Saturday and that was before I was drinking and can become judgmental. (11) ODU is gonna sneak up and twist (6)Notre Dame's nipples. Trust me. You can win with 1 white guy, maybe 2, but never 3. You can't go far with your 3 best players from the fairer skin category. Look it up. I like Richmond, Baylor and Nova to advance. But this is when boys are turned to men. Richmond over Villanova in the 2nd round. Me and Gottlieb are always on the same page. Villanova bores me. No real inside game and the offense kind of puts me to sleep. Then Baylor and Duke advance to the finals and you can punch Baylor's ticket because they're going to Indy.

Midwest: Don't see Kansas having many bumps in the road here. Ohio State bails out early to Georgie Tech in round 2 and San Diego State pokes Tennessee for a little 11/6 upset. I said it before. SEC and Big 10 teams don't rev my engine. I think the best game potentially will be a 4/5 duel with Michigan State and Maryland. Don't sleep on the Spartans, either. That's a national champion runner up from last year even though they've spent much of the year playing with skirts on. Kansas/G'town in the final will be a blowout. I think Georgetown made a run in conference tourny because they beat teams they've played multiple times all year. I called Syracuse losing to them. It was such a trap game. You don't lose to a team 3 times in a season. Doesn't happen. So yeah I think Georgetown isn't as good as people think.

Final Four: Kansas, Cuse, Kentucky, Baylor. Do you really have to ask who I think is winning the title? Even if I think Kansas will, my ego won't let me put it down. Syracuse over Kentucky. I love me some John Wall as much as the next guy but Calipari has this ability as a coach to prepare his guys up to the most vital moments and then they blow it.That's Connor "I've never met a bracket I didn't like" Rusinko smacking the ass of competition. And that's my old phone. It was God calling. Come and get it fuckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...