Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PC Beats Pitt. Heyyoooo

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Weyinmi Efejuku scored 16 and Providence upset No. 1 Pittsburgh 81-73 on Tuesday night for its first win over a top-ranked team in 33 years.Sharaud Curry added 15 points for the Friars (17-11, 9-7 Big East), who picked up a big victory for their NCAA tournament hopes.

Hey, hey, hey I love this. I hate Pitt so I absolutely love this. The boys who birthed such legends as Ryan Gomes, John Grady, Billy Donovan, John Linehan (I didn't forget my boy), and ofcourse Sheiku Kabba. What, you don't remember him? He only averaged 7.6 points over 4 years of being a friar. Listen, I don't claim to be an all out PC fan but I'll root for the bastards when they play anyone in big east besides Syracuse. I wanna point out I was cheering for Ryan Gomes when he single handedly whooped the Huskies in like 2003 or something. And (I know never start a sentence with and) I'm telling you Sharaud Curry is becoming one of my favorite players in college basketball. He's a tough, hard nosed guard who goes 110% for you all the time. He's like the '93 me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...