Monday, May 17, 2010

Michael Ballack is All Sorts Of Upset

FRANKFURT -- Germany captain Michael Ballack will miss the World Cup because of a right ankle injury, dealing the three-time champions a serious blow less than a month before the tournament. The German soccer federation said Monday that the 33-year-old Chelsea midfielder had torn ligaments in his right ankle from a tackle during his club's 1-0 FA Cup final victory over Portsmouth on Saturday. Ballack's ankle has been put in a cast and the federation said he won't be able to train for at least eight weeks. "It's very disappointing, but I have to accept it," Ballack told German television, standing with crutches. "It's football and you have to live with it. ... I am angry, clearly."

It's no secret that I don't like Germans. I don't like the soccer team, I don't like Dirk Nowitzki and I could live without the frankfurter if I had to. You can't nearly take over the world and think I'll just forget about it 60 years later. I wouldn't mind if they destroyed Poland, though. I still think they should. Fuck the polish.  But this is great news. Germany was a contender for the cup and without their star captain, I don't think they are anymore. Everyone keeps asking me who I think is gonna win it this year and they say it's like Brazil, Spain, and maybe England. Uhhh fuck that. Last summer I believed we romped Spain then had a 3 goal lead on Brazil until we blew it in the Confed. Cup final. You're damn right I'm picking United States. At the end of the day I think we need to ask ourselves one thing. What would Jack Bauer do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...