Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This Can't Be Good...

BOSTON -- When Michael Leighton saw Brian Boucher toss his blocker aside, he knew it was time to start getting ready. The Flyers backup, a former starter who hadn't played in two months since an injury of his own, began stretching on the ice while the training staff attended to Boucher. A few minutes later Leighton was in the net -- preserving the shutout that Boucher started and keeping Philadelphia alive in the playoffs. "I was a little bit nervous at the start," Leighton said after stopping 14 shots to beat Boston 4-0 on Monday night and force a sixth game in the best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinals. "I didn't want to lose the confidence of the team. We scored some goals in the second and it took some pressure off."

The 3-0 lead went to 3-1 and I said whatever, we'll close this bitch out on Monday. Well now it's 3-2 and I have no idea what's gonna happen. The thing about hockey is when a team or goalie gets hot, they get fucking hot. It's not like Ray Allen draining 3's from outside for a quarter. It's like trying to scale the Great Wall in August. I wanna be super positive but I can't. We all know the Bruins shouldn't even be playing this deep into the season and it was only a matter of time before their fire burned out and left room for another's to ignite. You like what I did there. One of these days I'm just gonna write poetry on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...