Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Magic Are Down 3-1. Cue The Excuses

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Maybe this is why Orlando Magic forward Rashard Lewis has been struggling in the Eastern Conference finals: He's been playing with a viral infection. Lewis says he's been sick the "whole series" against the Boston Celtics. "Overall it effects you," he said after Orlando's shootaround Wednesday. "I've been throwing up. I haven't been at full strength. I've been feeling weak, my legs been feeling weak. I find myself getting tired very fast in the first quarter. You know, when you can't hold food down you have no energy in your body to go out there and perform."

I'm actually kinda shocked it took Rashard Lewis to come up with this. And I got a funny little feeling that says if Lewis puts up 15 tonight and brings the series to 3-2 then he'll miraculously be cured of this illness. It's bullshit and we accept this type of behavior and I don't know. Just wait until Jeff Van Gundy or whoever is doing the game tonight calls Lewis' performance as "gutsy" and that he's getting his grown man on or something. Another thing I'd like to see in the future is TV announcers have no censor on their mouth. Like when someone flops or complains to the ref, I wanna hear "Oh take the fucking tampon out of your shorts, bro. Stop being such a vagina." Or the commentators are set up to a text machine and they can read off things during timeouts like "Connor from Burlington, CT says that aint no sock in KG's crotch!" That's just the type of world I hope to live in some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...