Monday, May 24, 2010

This Kid Is Literally On Top Of The World

An eighth-grader from California who became the youngest climber to reach the top of Mt. Everest said Monday he hopes his achievement will encourage young people worldwide to dream big. "I'm doing this to inspire other kids, hopefully across the world, to get outdoors and to set goals in life. I'm doing this to set an example for them," said 13-year-old Jordan Romero in an interview by satellite phone from the 21,320-foot (6,500-meter) Advanced Base Camp where his team had returned after reaching the top on Saturday. "The record is one thing but standing on top of the world is just the best feeling you could ever imagine," he said.

This is a cool story and all but I wish these youngsters would light up the media when they have the shot. They all try to be nice and politically correct and bullshit but why? I just climbed Everest and the reporters ask me about inspiring kids I'm gonna say something like "Yeah, well obviously I'm an absolute freak of nature so I don't really plan on inspiring kids, ya know? There's only one me, baby. I just do what it do and make the most out of my god given ability. Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life. Let's to go the bar and get shit faced. Seacrest, out!" And that my friends is how perform a post game interview. Look for it to be in the papers when I steal the cy young award for WBL this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...