Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kids Pledge To Not Tan For Prom

Students at a Connecticut high schools are taking a different approach this prom season by saying "no" to tanning and sunbeds. More than 70 percent of the prom-goers at Ansonia High School have made a promise, signed on paper, to forgo the sun and avoid tanning booths before the big dance next week."I just made a promise not to tan for prom," said Ansonia senior Chris Pedevillano.The promise is part of an effort by the Melanoma Foundation of New England to let teens know what they do now may have serious consequences later."A lot of African Americans, when the no-tanning pledge was like, brought to them, they thought, 'I don't ever tan in my life,' like they can't get skin cancer, but that's really not the case because anybody can get skin cancer," said Ansonia senior Andrew Baker.

Let me get this straight. Ansonia is making a big deal about not tanning for prom and the only quotes they have are from 2 dudes? I fucking hope they're not tanning. This isn't some Jersey Shore prom(even though that would be awesome).  The only thing I want from this story is for Andrew Baker to write on this blog. You can't make up that shit up. "When the no tanning pledge was like, brought to them, they thought, 'I don't ever tan in my life,' like they can't get skin cancer, but that's really not the case." Look at that passion in his words. That's how you fight for a cause. I also want to know if the tanning pledge was actually brought to the black kids or "like" brought to them. Because if they were trying to beat around the bush with it we're gonna have problems. You gotta commit to it and come up with some phrase you can chant at rallys. Something like "No Tanning! No Laundry!" I don't what it means but I can see kids all over the state yelling no laundry and that excites me greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...