Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Irish Soccer Team Is Too Drunk To Taste This Chicken

Roy Keane thinks alcohol is "an issue" with Irish players. Keane, a former Ireland international, admits he had some wild times as a youth but he believes there is an underlying problem with footballers, particularly young Irishmen. "Living in Ireland, the drink is going to be there all the time. When I come back I get a bit of a buzz for two or three days. I think it's embedded in us. This thing, 'let's get out, there's something on here and there'. Drink. It's in the air.'' Keane also warned that the problem extends beyond his former national team colleague. "Especially when you stop playing and you are getting up for the day and there is no buzz, you need it,'' he said. "It's a problem. It's there, especially in the Irish players, I notice. In my short time in management I notice that just about every incident we have had to deal with that is drink-related, it is Irish lads. It's an issue with Irish players. Always.''

Not a good week for my heritage. On one side we have grown men throwing eggs and punches and lighting smoke grenades in the parliament and the other part of me can't succeed on the soccer field because they're always drunk. It's like the perfect storm. They always said I was a loose cannon and this explains it. I'm 100% awesome. And it's not their fault, the alcohol flows in the air over there. Makes you got on 3 day benders whenever you return like Roy Keane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...