Friday, March 12, 2010

Mike Leach Wants Winners



Former Texas Tech football coach Mike Leach is seen yelling at his team -- including threatening the living situation of players -- in two postgame locker room videos released Thursday. The videos, from the 2009 season, were obtained by Orangebloods.com under the Texas Open Records Act. In them, Leach calls one group of players "God squad guys" and tells others "you're going to live somewhere else." The unedited, expletive-filled videos were taken by a Texas Tech film crew inside the postgame locker room. After a 20-13 victory over Baylor on Nov. 28, 2009, Leach is seen criticizing his players and ripping into them for thinking a close loss to Texas was acceptable.

What's the big deal? Aren't these guys in college? They've never heard somebody say fuck or shit? Grow up, Peter Pan. This isn't middle school. It's Division 1 football. The high stakes medal round. I don't even like Mike Leach but I love this speech. This is how you inspire young minds, people. If I drop 4 passes, I don't wanna hear some positive guy telling me how great I am and how I'll come back tomorrow and pick it up. Nope. I want some dude some getting in my face and make sure that shit never happens again. Hold these pansies accountable. It sounded like Texas Tech needed a wake up call and that's exactly what Leach did. It's the oldest lesson throughout time. Nobody gives a fuck about what you did yesterday or last year. Today is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...