Sunday, June 6, 2010

Drogba is Playing. Trust Me.

ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast -- Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba has hope of playing in the World Cup after having surgery on his broken right arm in a Swiss hospital Saturday. The Ivory Coast football federation (FIF) said in a statement the operation at the Lindenhof Hospital in Berne was a success and Swiss doctors and the team's medical staff are confident that the Chelsea forward will make a "speedy recovery." The federation did not give further details about the time required for Drogba's recovery. Ivory Coast's first game is June 15 against Portugal.

I've read this story like 7 times and I still don't get it. He broke his arm, right? Not his knee, not his foot, not his ankle. His arm.  I'm not trying to play tough guy here but I know a kid who broke his wrist in the first game of the season and the only reason he missed 2 games was because he sooooo high off pain killers/a little drunk off love and bud lights that he couldn't even function. That guy was me. Does it hurt to play with a broken bone? Fuck yeah it hurts. But do you need your arm or wrist or anything to play effectively in a soccer game? Uhh no. So I say stop the bitching and cut the shit with the drama and suspense. Drogba is playing and if he doesn't then he's the saddest excuse for a man that I've ever seen.


P.S. Drogba should rock that cast out in South Africa with pride. A cast on the arm/wrist/hand is a straight money maker. Girls think you either got in a fight, hurt it playing sports or there was some sort of automobile accident. AKA you're a bad boy, an athlete or you're getting sympathy points. I'm not saying I was on a hot streak my senior year but I was on a motherfucking hot streak my senior year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...