Sunday, December 5, 2010

What The Fuck Just Happened?

The 2 p.m. deadline for the Red Sox and Adrian Gonzalez to negotiate a contract extension has come and gone with no word on the outcome yet. But that in itself really doesn't mean much. The Red Sox could still finalize the trade with the Padres without a contract extension in place for Gonzalez. But presumably the sides would have to be close. It also could benefit the Red Sox in terms of the luxury tax (at least for 2011) to sign an extension after Opening Day. According to reports, Gonzalez is seeking a deal similar to the eight-year, $180 million contract Mark Teixeira signed with the Yankees two years ago.  If the Sox determine there's no way they'd be able to satisfy Gonzalez and his agent, they could call the whole thing off.  And, of course, the deadline is for the negotiations, not an announcement by the team.  UPDATE: As of 3:30, a range of reports had emerged, with Jon Heyman of SI.com saying the trade is off. But nothing has been confirmed, leaving things in limbo for now. Rest assured, we're on the case. 

So we might not have Adrian Gonzalez because of a money issue? Jayson Werth just signed a 7 year deal with the Nationals? Tiger blew a 4 stroke lead and then lost in a playoff?  24 hours ago I could tell you I had my mojo working again. Like I finally felt like myself and that was scary for everybody else because when I'm feeling it, watch out. 7 different kinds of smoke were coming from my pores. Everything was gravy, I had it all smothered. I don't feel good right now. I feel very, very fucking bad right now. The worst part about it is I know something else is gonna happen in the next 48 hours that will be the tipping point. It's what always happens in life. Negative emotions and behaviors spread like wild fire. That's a fact. Pick up a book. Malcolm Gladwell's "The Tipping Point."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...