Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Like This Deal. I Like This a Lot.

The Orlando Magic capped a blockbuster day of wheeling and dealing by trading one franchise cornerstone for another, sending Rashard Lewis to the Washington Wizards for Gilbert Arenas on Saturday. That trade followed news of a deal that shipped Vince Carter to the Phoenix Suns in a six-player swap that returns Hedo Turkoglu to the Magic. The Magic also get Jason Richardson and Earl Clark from the Suns in exchange for Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a 2011 first-round pick and cash considerations. "We needed a little bit more punch," Magic president Otis Smith said. "All those guys coming in have an ability to move the ball. After looking at our team through 25 games, we were missing a little something. I thought change was needed."

I hate the Orlando Magic and Dwight Howard and their coach and Vince Carter and everything that has to do with the state of Florida. But I love Gilbert Arenas and I like J-rich and have always gotten a little hard for Hedo's game. Does this mean I kinda like Orlando now? I don't know. I know I might be secretly rooting for them because I wanna see Arenas back on his game. He's a good player and people seem to forget that and it's fucking shameful. Poor guy brings a couple guns into the arena and we start treating him like he has gay man aids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...