Sunday, April 25, 2010

B-Roy Is Such a Dude.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Brandon Roy was so antsy to return to the Trail Blazers that he campaigned via text message to coach Nate McMillan. "Coach, I think I should play," he texted on the eve of Saturday's playoff game against the Phoenix Suns.Luckily for the Blazers, McMillan agreed.Roy was activated Saturday, then helped Portland to a 96-87 victory that evened the first-round series at two games apiece.Eight days removed from arthroscopic surgery on his right knee, Roy made his surprising return to the court to the strains of the theme from "Rocky" blaring from the Rose Garden sound system, then went on hit a key 3-pointer late in the game that shifted the momentum squarely in the Trail Blazers' favor."I just didn't feel right sitting in the training room knowing that I could contribute -- so I just had to keep begging coach," Roy said afterward.

I don't why I didn't blog about this yesterday because I was watching the game and it was awesome. Just awesome. I'm convinced Brandon Roy is the toughest motherfucker in the country right now. He's on the Jack Bauer level of being a dude. He doesn't get the attention that he deserves either. Great player, great teammate, he's classy and he's one of the last guys who truly gives a shit about the outcome of every game. Everything you'd want in your franchise guy and president of student council.I don't remember who the president of the student council was when I was in high school and that's a problem. Way to make an impact, asshole. Really lived up to your pre-election promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...