Sunday, April 18, 2010

Who Is Quentin Richardson?

Richardson sounded off on both Garnett and Pierce after the game. "I was trying to get over there to take the ball out of bounds and [Garnett] started to talk to me, so I talked back. I don't have any business talking to him, he was on the ground crying. I don't know what was going on, two actresses over there, that's what they are. "I just get surprised by people's actions when I know them better than that. They're not those characters they portray. They're not who they say they are, Garnett and Pierce, they're good basketball players and that's about it. "I said to Jermaine, he's OK because I knew nobody touched him," explained Richardson. "Is he taking another break like he does so many times? Sometimes he falls like he's about to be out for the season and then he gets right up, that's all I said.

Big words from a player who was once traded 4 times in the summer of 2009, one of which was in exchange Darko Milicic's contract. I'm not gonna take Richardson's words of KG and Pierce not being the characters they portray to heart because we could be all day. Did they lead Boston to a title 2 years ago? Check. Was KG the defensive anchor of that squad because he said that was his mission before coming to the Celtics? Yup. Is Paul Pierce the undisputed captain and crunch time player? I don't know. How does that Finals MVP taste? Go take that 8.9 points per game you average and jack D.Wade off some more.


P.S. They're good basketball players and that's about it? Uhhh isn't that all that matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...