Saturday, April 24, 2010

This Is Why We're Proud To Claim Him As One of Our Own

HULL, England -- American forward Jozy Altidore will miss Hull's last two matches of the Premier League season after he was ejected for head butting an opponent. Altidore got the red card in the 50th minute of Saturday's 1-0 home defeat to Sunderland for a clash with Sunderland defender Alan Hutton. Hutton threw the ball at Altidore, and the 20-year-old responded with a head butt. A red card for violent conduct earns a three-match ban. Hutton also was sent off.

Head butts are unique to soccer and I have no idea why. You'd think guys like KG would do this to players instead of throwing the cheap elbow. It's like the ultimate "fuck you, I'm the alpha dog out here bitch." Someone throws an elbow or a punch and the rest of the team is gonna get involved. If you spit on somebody, you're probably going to get your ass kicked and rightfully so. But when a dude heat butts another player? It's like "whoa. Look out." I've seen it. Blake Heredia hit a kid so hard in the mouth with his head sophomore year I thought I was gonna get blood on my jersey and I was 12 feet away. What did we all do after this? Nothing. I stood there with the other 20 guys on the field and looked shocked because that's all you can do when you see a head butt in full action. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...