Thursday, April 15, 2010

You Wouldn't Like The Durantula When He's Angry

The posturing has begun between the Lakers and the Thunder. Los Angeles coach Phil Jackson told reporters on Wednesday that Oklahoma City star Kevin Durant gets preferential treatment from referees. "Yeah, by the calls he gets, he really gets to the line a lot, I'll tell ya," Jackson said, according to The Oklahoman's Web site. But Durant, who didn't get a key foul call at the end of a loss to the Jazz last week, wasn't happy with Jackson suggesting he's a pampered superstar. "Because it's taking away from what I do," Durant said, according to the newspaper. "That's a part of my game, getting to the free-throw line and being aggressive. If you say that I get superstar calls or I get babied by the refs, that's just taking away from how I play. That's disrespectful to me. "I don't disrespect nobody in this league," Durant said, according to the report. "I respect every coach, every player, everybody. I never say anything bad about anybody else or question why they do this or do that. So for them to say that about me, I don't even want to used no foul language."

Is Phil Jackson retarded? Did he not learn anything from when he coached Michael Jeffrey Jordan? You can't piss these guys off, especially before a playoff series in which your slumping team is going head to head against the young and fun thundering herd of Oklahoma City. It's the little things that made the great ones tick and it seems like Phil should know this. I just hope this means the Durantula is gonna drive and throw the ball down Gasol's throat every time he hits the paint. We all know the Celtics aren't going to the finals so this series is really it to see the Lakers get smacked for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...