Tuesday, April 13, 2010

KFC - Making America Fatter, One Sandwich At A Time

I just got the KFC "Double Down", their new sandwich which was released nationwide yesterday. My roommate and I had been eagerly anticipating the release because we are always up to eat something outrageous. If you haven't heard about the "Double Down" yet, it is basically a chicken sandwich without bread. It is 2 pieces of boneless white chicken on either side with cheese, bacon and a special sauce in the middle. Yes, it can get messy. My expectations were high for this sandwich and it was pretty delicious but not as good as I thought it would be. The chicken taste dominated the other ingredients which I didn't like. I wanted to be able to taste the bacon, chicken and sauce more, but I was left tasting mainly chicken.

The "Double Down" clocks in at 540 calories, 32 grams of fat and 1,380 milligrams of sodium which is a good portion of your daily values in all categories. It left a very salty aftertaste in my mouth for quite some time and was extremely greasy. I definitely recommend trying it but you might not order it twice. If you have seen the commercials you might notice that it actually looks nothing like what they advertise it to be. Shocker, I know. Below is what they advertise it to look like (above is what it actually looks like).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...