Monday, April 26, 2010

Carmelo Needs Help

"The energy and intensity is not there at times," Anthony said. "We start out the game well and then for some odd reason, we turn around and we are down 10 or 11 points."Anthony converted a three-point play, then hit a 3-pointer to cut Utah's lead to 90-79, but he was called for his fifth foul with 8:45 left to play when he got tangled up with Williams while going for a rebound. Anthony pleaded to the officials while still on his back outside the lane, but there was no changing the call and he was carrying five fouls for the third straight game.Anthony sat for a couple of minutes and the Nuggets were down 98-85 when he returned. Denver put together a few more runs that got it close enough for Jazz fans to get quiet and worry, but Utah was able to hang on.Kenyon Martin and Billups scored 14 apiece for the Nuggets. Nene and J.R. Smith both had 10. Anthony and Billups were the only players for Denver to score in double figures in a loss in Game 3, so there was some improvement."I'm trying to do everything I can in my power to beat the Jazz, but at the end of the day I need some help," Anthony said. "I'm not sitting here pointing fingers at anybody, but as a unit we've got to do it together."

This is why I have a hard time warming up to a guy like 'Melo. He's a Syracuse boy and I should obviously love him but I don't and it's because he says shit like this and comes off to the public as a whiny bitch. Like I really thought he was starting to grow up and become a man but I guess I was wrong. He says he's not pointing fingers at anybody but whenever you say "I need help" and then use the term "unit" and "do better" in the next sentence it's pretty clear what you're saying. Wade would kill for a supporting cast that includes an overrated guard like Chauncey and piss poor big man in Kenyon Martin. Oh. Wait. He has that, too. That Carlos Arroyo is something else! ANYWAY. He needs help? Kids in Asia need help. Carmelo just needs an attitude adjustment. That's what I'd tell him if he was a junior in high school and I was his basketball coach/history teacher. And as he walked out of my office with his head down I'd simply say, "a shepard must tend his flock and at times...fight off the wolves."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...