Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March Madness Bracket 2011 Edition

ncaa march madness 2011 bracket basketball tournament kansas duke ohio st
I'm going to ignore the fact that there hasn't been a post since December 20th and just get into the 2011 NCAA Basketball Tournament. Actually, no I'm not. Blog Dylan decided to stop posting in October even though he had nothing else to do. He even deleted his facebook so he literally had nothing else to do but still was too lazy to post. And it gets really lame updating a blog by yourself. I'm actually hoping this makes Blog Dylan feel bad and he starts posting again. Anywho, the blog is officially black back for 2011!

It's everyones favorite time of year. The time of year when office productivity goes to the shitter and people call in sick pretending to have pink eye because they would rather their boss think they have pink eye than skip watching the tourney. Last night the 2011 March Madness bracket was revealed and I am here today to bring you my very early preliminary picks. This bracket is mostly chalk in the late rounds with some upsets in the first few. You can read all the articles you want that tell you things like "the total of all the final 4 teams is always around 10" or "only once (2008) have all four #1 seeds advanced to the final 4" or "Mike Krzyzewski dyes his hair". Well no one says that last thing in bracketology articles but there's no way a 64-year-old man's hair is that black. Maybe he goes to Cartoon Cuts with Barry. Back to bracketology. You can read a million articles that tell you stats like that and you can even use them to fill out your bracket but you still have to decide which of those teams it will be that follow that rule. That's where things get risky.

Right now I have three #1 seeds advancing to the final 4 even though I know the total seed is around 10. I could have picked say Texas (4), Duke (1), Purdue (3) and Pitt (1) to get to around "10" but that's way riskier. What if Ohio St. and Kansas are the only two 1 seeds to get there and the higher seeds come out of the West/Southeast? Then I'm screwed. If I went with all four 1 seeds in that scenario then I would still picked two of them. It's tough to predict what will be the higher seeded teams to advance to the elite 8/final 4 so I like going with chalk to increase my odds.

march madness 2011 bracket ncaa tournament kansas ohio state duke
*CLICK TO ENLARGE*

I'm probably going to change the bracket between now and Thursday so check back to see if maybe I got drunk one night and decided to get a little risqué.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...