Thursday, March 31, 2011

Every Expert In America Is Picking The Sox To Win It This Year. I Don't Like It.

Following the acquisitions of Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez, as well as the revamping of the bullpen, Red Sox fans couldn't harbor greater expectations for their team in 2011. ESPN's experts are on the same page. Of the 45 offering their 2011 predictions, 33 picked the Sox to win the World Series. The Phillies received the second most predictions with seven, while the defending champion Giants were picked by just one expert. The Yankees received zero votes of confidence. Every single expert picked the Sox to win the AL East, and 41 of 45 picked the Sox to win the pennant. The Yankees were given two pennant predictions, while the White Sox and Rays garnered one each.

This is kind of uncharted territory for us. Has a team ever had such high expectations after an off-season? I guess I'm just not comfortable with everyone and their newly adopted Japanese sister to be picking us to win the AL. I get the feeling that something fishy is going on out there, like they don't really mean it and they just want get my hopes up. It's like if someone tells me I'm funny and that this blog is great. I know they're just trying to get a reaction out of me and play me like a fiddle, so I fake a smile but deep down I'd like to physically assault every part of their face then let Donahue play around with their butthole. This post has taken a weird turn that I didn't plan on but all I'm trying to say is I don't like everybody picking us to rule the world even though it's inevitable. I mean you don't get back Pedroia, Youk, Jacoby from injury and then add Gonzo and Crawford and not win a ring. Just doesn't happen. Oh, we also have the future Cy-young in Jonny Lester. Gonna be a fun season. Buckle up, bitch. Yeah I meant to say bitch and not bitches. I'm talking to you, you fucking ugly bitch with the bangs and big earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...