Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fantasy Baseball Draft Strategy

I recently had my fantasy baseball draft and thought I'd impart some knowledge on you. If you've read this blog you know that we here at Ugg Boots For Men love Razzball. I drafted out of the 4 hole and, no homo, fell in love with that slot. I don't know much but I am an expert in fantasy baseball so you can either listen to me and win your league or ignore it and your team will turn into the Cavs and you won't pay attention to it by May. My league is a 12 team 5x5 set-up with C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF, OF, UTIL, 4 SP, 3 RP, 7 Bench.

fantasy baseball sports draft strategy miguel cabrera matt kemp matt holliday charlie sheen winning
This year there are several SPs I am targeting later in the draft because I think they will be nasty. They are Daniel Hudson, Gio Gonzalez, Mike Minor (UPDATE: the Braves announced Brandon Beachy will get the 5th rotation spot instead of Minor so I'm drafting Beachy) and James McDonald. You'll notice that I drafted all of them because I want to win. Also, make sure you draft Tabata because he's going around pick 210 in Yahoo drafts and that's crazier than an offspring of Charlie Sheen and Gary Busey.

1 - Miguel Cabrera
2 - Matt Kemp
3 - Matt Holliday
4 - Jason Heyward
5 - Liriano/Gallardo
6 - Chris Young (if you draft the pitcher you deserve to lose)
7 - Elvis Andrus
8 - Mark Reynolds
9 - Max Scherzer/Brett Anderson
10 - Aaron Hill
11 - Soto/Napoli
12 - John Axford
13 - Jose Valverde
14 - Gio Gonzalez
15 - Craig Kimbrel
16 - Daniel Hudson
17 - Jose Tabata
18 - Edinson Volquez
19 - Edwin Jackson
20 - RP
21 - Bud Norris
22 - James McDonald
23 - Brandon Beachy

Like they say, "the draft can't win you your league but it can lose you it". If you draft this team you'll be well on your way to winning, duh. One of the rules I use on draft day is to not draft more than 1 bench hitter. Use this guide for your draft and thank me later, Drake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...