Thursday, February 4, 2010

C's Shopping Jesus Shuttlesworth?

Before the Celtics-Heat game, Ray Allen talked to WEEI.com about his meeting with Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to discuss the recent trade rumors. Allen, whose contract expires at the end of this season, appreciated that Ainge kept him in the loop. At the same time, he understands the realities of basketball. “I really understand that this is a business and I got traded when I was the least one to be traded when I was in Milwaukee. So anything can happen. Anything can happen,” Allen said. “There’s nobody that’s really untouchable in this league, so I appreciated his candidness, letting me know and letting my wife know, and my boys were in the office running around. You always hate to see people do business behind your back and kind of not keep you alert, so it just spoke volumes of who he is and as a GM doing his job. “But, you know, he still could. I don’t know. It depends on what is thrown out there. So it’s not that I worry about it. It’s a business. My job still has to be done the same.”

I don't get it. Have you seen the calves on Ray Allen? You can't trade that for some guy like Monta Ellis. I understand Ray is in the final year of a hefty contract but in the playoffs there isn't another player I want taking the final shot in game 7. And if the fear is that Ray will bolt in the offseason for a big money contract that's just stupid. He's made $80 million over the past 5 years and he's a seasoned vet at this point. He'll take a healthy pay cut to win a few more rings. People say the Celts are on the downfall but they haven't had a full roster all year. The addition of Marquis Daniels is going to be huge. That's a guy who can play both guard positions and some small forward all the while averaging 12 to 15 points a night. So I say easy on the trigger finger, Danny Ainge. Let's let this ship run its course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...