Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bobby Kraft. Snapping Necks, Cashing Checks


Patriots owner Robert Kraft said Wednesday he thinks a deal is close with franchised DT Vince Wilfork, according to a transcript posted on Comcast Sports Net New England’s Web site. “Vince was a priority. And we worked very hard and I think both sides have worked hard and I think we’re close and I hope we close something but in the end, he was our priority, the first priority,” Kraft said. “We have a number of other deals we’ve got to do. We’re going about building our team and I hope in this process we get to close this out. I know he’s a very important part of our team and I think we made an offer that can hopefully get it done.” Kraft, in Indianapolis for the NFL Scouting Combine, also touched upon a Boston Herald report earlier this week in which Patriots receiver Randy Moss said he does not expect the Patriots to give him a new contract after his deal is up following the 2010 season. Moss told reporters, “…the Patriots don’t really pay. So when I got my second contract from them, that was a blessing in disguise.”

People said I've been pretty quiet so far in regards to the Patriots and their offseason moves. They say I've been spending too much time on ice dancing and shit like that. Well fuck you, that's the flavor of the week. I'm a slave to the media. No, I didn't ignore Moss' comments about him not getting paid, or Wilfork getting franchise tagged or LT and Westbrook getting released. Quite frankly, I don't want LT. At all. I think he's severely overrated. What running back were you watching the last 2 years that would you make him attractive? He's a step slower and his numbers have been on the decline for the past 4 seasons. He's not an every down back. If he wants to come aboard as a back up then I'm all for it but if we shell out over $2 million for the guy, forget about it. The money needs to go to the pass rush. Sign Wilfork up for another 6 years and get Peppers. As for Randy Moss, fuck him. The Patriots don't pay? He's getting paid $20 million for the past 2 seasons. They pay for the guys that earn it, not bitch about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...