Sunday, February 14, 2010

Johnny Queer Fears For His Life


U.S. figure skater Johnny Weir says he received threats from anti-fur activists that made him fear for his safety, causing him to scrub any plans to stay at a hotel while in Vancouver for the Olympics. "I felt very threatened," he said Saturday. "I'm not allowed to say how everything got through, but my agent got letters and faxes and e-mails. I got letters at the ice rink, somebody found my phone number. "All these crazy fur people. Security-wise, to stay in a hotel would be very difficult. There have been threats against me. I didn't want to get hurt." Weir is sharing a suite with U.S. ice dancer Tanith Belbin in the Olympic village. The longtime friends have their own bedrooms and bathrooms. Belbin won Olympic silver in 2006 with partner Ben Agosto. A three-time national champion, Weir, who finished fifth in Torino, was third at this year's nationals to gain the final spot on the U.S. team. The men's short program is Tuesday with the free skate set for Thursday. "I'm just an easy person to pick on because I like fur," he said. "It's easy to put your case against an athlete who is going to the Olympics. It's a very good, easy thing for these activists. "It's a very scary thing. I'm a figure skater, I'm not some huge politician who gets these things all the time."


Riiiiight. He's being threatened because of his passion for fur. That's why it's easy to pick on him. Because he likes fur. Riiiiiiiight. This has nothing to do with the fact that he's a flamboyant, male figure skater who has his own reality show and talks strongly about his infatuation with Russia. Or maybe that he's gay. It's all about the fur. Yeah. O.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...