Thursday, May 14, 2009

Top 10 Sports Cage Matches

The fights we see in sports, with the exception of hockey, are always more talk than anything else. Thus, I've compiled a list of the top 10 sports fights I would like to see. Cage matches, no rules, no lifelines, just blood.

10. TO vs. Jerry Jones - I'm convinced TO will run his mouth more than actually run Jerry Jones. This one has the making of a 12-5 upset. However, TO has a concealed weapon thanks to his buddy Plaxico. He manages to use it correctly, putting Jerry Jones to sleep in round number three.

9. John Calipari vs. John Chaney



8. Ron Artest vs. Detroit - I'm anxious to see how many people from the Palace Ronny could have taken down. My money says 10-12. Jermaine O'Neil throws a heck of a punch, and I think him and Ron-Ron could have done some damage.

7. Allen Iverson vs. Practice - Oh boy, this one is tough. As much as AI was talking shit, I think practice could take him. Hours in the gym filled with sweat, tears, and blood. I'm not sure if this point guard/shooting guard/rag doll can match that. I'll push, too close to call.

6. Ray Lewis vs. Johnnie Cochran - Ever since that one party on January 31st, 2000, I have been a little suspicious. "Following the party, a fight broke out between him and rapper Chino Nino's entourage, which Jacinth Baker, 21, and Richard Lollar, 24, died from stab wounds. Lewis and two companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, were brought to an Atlanta police station for questioning. Eleven days later, along with Oakley and Sweeting, Lewis was indicted for murder and aggravated assault. During the trial, several witnesses whose testimony would supposedly prove Lewis’ guilt had altered their stories initially given to investigators." Sounds to me like this boy got away with OJ part 2.

5. Kevin Garnett vs. Zaza Pachulia - As much as RZA loves his Celts, I want to see KG get knocked out so badly. This guy runs his mouth so much, and his numbers don't impress that much more than any other power forward. I know he is a monster on defense, but I want to see him get decked. Plain and simple. These two battled it out last year in the playoffs, and I think this European white guy is ready for more.

4. Charles Barkley vs. Kenny "The Jet" Smith - These two TNT analysts love to verbally abuse one another on camera every night during the playoffs. I say we take it off set and see what happens. I know Sir Charles has a lot of weight to put behind his punches. Kenny might be in for some trouble.

3. Eli Manning vs. Peyton Manning - I love the Giants, no doubt about it. But I think Peyton could kick the shit out of Eli. Eli seems so scared in that pocket, I can't see him being in a fight. He might swing and run, but Peyton will hit him with a Gatorade bottle he got from a commercial. Let's see your stupid Rolex watch save you know Eli.

2. Brett Favre vs. Retirement - Come on Brett, give it up. You suck. Toggs' arm has more life in it after three consecutive wanks than yours did by week eight. Go home, put on some Wrangler jeans and listen to Hooked on a Feeling by Hasselhoff.

1. A-Rod vs. Barry Bonds vs. Roger Clemens vs. Sammy Sosa vs. Jose Canseco vs. Miguel Tejada vs. Rafael Palmeiro vs. Mark McGwire vs. Syringes - Oh boy, the ultimate, the prize fight. These guys need to battle it out and see which is better: small testicles and back-ne, or some sort of growth hormone and 40-50 homeruns. I think A-Rod ends up kissing Clemens repeatedly, but that's just me. Jose Canseco writes a book about it 45 minutes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...