Thursday, March 11, 2010

Today Could Have Gone One Way But It Went The Other

NEW YORK -- Arinze Onuaku crashed to the floor and clutched his right knee, writhing in pain at Madison Square Garden. Suddenly, top-seeded Syracuse had more to worry about than a loss in its Big East tournament opener. Chris Wright scored 27 points and No. 22 Georgetown sailed past the third-ranked Orange with an impressive second-half surge that yielded a 91-84 victory in the quarterfinals Thursday.Though still a strong candidate for a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, Syracuse (28-4) sustained a potentially costly loss when its starting center was injured with 5:07 remaining.Onuaku landed awkwardly after trying to block Greg Monroe's shot down low. Whistled for a foul on the play, he grabbed his knee immediately and was tended to by medical staff and coach Jim Boeheim before being helped off the floor. The senior did not return and is expected to get an MRI exam.Onuaku, who has struggled with knee pain throughout his career, had surgery last spring. "He has a strain. We don't know for sure if it's any more than that. We'll find out," Boeheim said.

The good news is that Wes Johnson looked pretty fucking good. I'd say back to his normal self but I'm probably wrong like I have been with everything in my life lately. The bad news is I woke up today and watched this game with anticipation of a big win. Oh, and our big man is hurt. The same big man with past knee problems. It's no secret that unless you can mash it in the paint, your team is a virtual ticking time bomb come tourny time. It's like that zone collapses without Arinze anchoring the middle. Last week if you told me Syracuse wasn't going to win the national title, I would have stole your drink and smacked your mother twice. But right now all I can do is shrug my shoulders and hope for the best. On a totally different note, I hate Michael Wilbon. Give an honest opinion and stop trying to be so politically correct all the time. It's OK to hurt some feelings.


P.S. Wake me up when people actually give a fuck about lacrosse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...