Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sean Avery Is Gonna Tear Up Dallas Tomorrow



Sean Avery's stay with the Dallas Stars didn't work out so well and it didn't last long. After signing a four-year, $15.5 million contract in July 2008, Avery played a total of 23 games for the Stars. Five-and-a-half months later the Stars parted ways with Avery, who eventually was plucked off re-entry waivers by the New York Rangers.  Avery will make his first visit to Dallas since those tumultuous days of 2008 when the Rangers and Stars play Friday night at American Airlines Center.  In an interview with Larry Brook of the New York Post, Avery takes a lot of the blame for things not working out with the Stars. "I have to take the major portion of the responsibility for what happened in Dallas," Avery told The Post on Wednesday. "They gave me a contract to come there and help the team win and when I got there, I didn't adjust.  "I didn't adjust to the conditions. I didn't adjust to Texas as a whole, I didn't adjust to the team, and when I say the team, I don't mean the organization, I mean some of the guys in the room.  "I'm responsible 100 percent for that; 100 percent." Avery said he doesn't expect a warm reception on Friday, he had some good things to say about Stars captain Brenden Morrow and some not so nice things to say about two former Dallas players he would not name. 

Blah, blah, blah. Sean Avery can act all grown up and take responsibility for his actions but all that shit is going out the window when the puck drops tomorrow in Dallas.  Guys like me and #16 don't forget. If you cross us or embarrass us, we'll remember it and we'll fucking pull your card when the time is right. Yeah, in public you can throw on a pretty face and talk about how you learned so much from a particular experience to please the masses. I do it all the time. But when it's time to go to the mattresses, it's time to go to the mattresses. It's gonna be an all out brawl out from Avery tomorrow and I'd expect nothing less. Just a "Fuck You" effort. I need to get back to that type of lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...