Thursday, April 14, 2011

Am I The Only One Who Is All Geeked Up About a Serial Killer On The Run In NY?


NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The exploration for additional remains and investigation into a possible serial killer on Long Island’s Gilgo Beach continued Thursday as search teams pursued the case by air,  land and sea. Crews have uncovered at least 10 sets of human remains along the coastline in both Nassau and Suffolk Counties, including a skull, the bones of a toddler and the remains of four missing prostitutes. Police believe a serial killer took the lives of those women. Nassau County Detective Lt. Kevin Smith said investigators were looking at 18 specific sites, but found nothing of “evidentiary value.” Former Nassau County prosecutor Bruce Barket told CBS 2′s Jennifer McLogan about how the most recent discoveries — that included a human head and bones – have thrown a curveball at investigators. “The difficulty, of course, if now that we have six other remains, apparently of dramatically different ages…and perhaps different genders,” said Barket, who believes two or more killers may have involved.

Let's be honest, if there were 10 victims and 4 of them were hookers then we can say there are really 6 victims, right?  Prostitutes are a lost cause as far as I'm concerned a sudden death could only help them out but I digress. I'm fascinated and by fascinated I mean I'm terrified by serial killers. You tell me a famous name and I'll tell you how I've wikipedia'd the shit out of them. I gotta know my shit when the feds come knocking for that unlikely hero with boyish good looks and an ass of steel in Connor "I solve any crime by dinner time" Rusinko. Bundy, Dahmer, BTK, Donahue, Manson, Gacey, I know 'em all and I like to see what makes them tick.  I know I say this all the time but Criminal Minds has taught me all I need to know about profiling these dudes. You think this killer is gonna stop killing because we found his stash spot? Ummmm did you stop smoking weed when your were 16 and your parents found your bowl in the shoebox under the bed? Nope, you just found a new spot and that's exactly what this sicko is gonna do. He's gonna freak out and turn things up a notch with more slayings by the day to act out his scenarios. It's bad crime drama 101. Now this is the part of the blog post where you have to imagine me putting on sunglasses, walking away from the computer and saying, "It seems one man's good time was another woman's nightmare. We can't stop him. We never could."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...