Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kevin Na Shoots A 16 on Par-4 Hole

kevin na 16 shots par 4 golf valero texas openThe Valero Texas Open started today and Kevin Na shot a 16 on the par-4 ninth hole. I know what you're thinking right now, "I only watch golf two times a year (the Masters and the US Open), what the hell is the Valero Texas Open?", but there is a great reason to keep reading. On the par-4 ninth hole, Kevin Na shot a...wait for it...

16!

He shot a 16 on a par-4! In a professional golf tournament! The man has made over $9 million in career earnings so it's not like he's Bethany Hamilton or Aron Ralston playing. At least if it was Bethany Hamilton I could attribute +6 to her having one arm and the other +6 to her being a woman.

I saw John Carlson tweet about this earlier but I just assumed he was responding to a score one of his friends shot while goofing around. Also because no one knows who Kevin Na is so that could be anyone.

Na tried to put down a 15 on his scorecard but was corrected by video evidence. After the hole he just laughed it off and I gotta respect that. What else is there that you can do really? He should have just snapped his putter over his knee and putted with his driver the rest of the round. ESPN says:
Na set a new low Thursday for the worst par-4 hole in the PGA Tour record books, shooting a 16 with a nightmarish sequence of shots.

"I got done with the hole and I said [to my caddie], 'I think I made somewhere between a 10 and a 15,'" Na said. "But I think it's close to a 15."

Na was smiling by the time he tapped in a 6-footer on the green.

"It's all a blur," Na said.

Na ended the first round thinking he shot a 15 on the hole. But another stroke was added after Na reviewed the video replay before signing his scorecard. He finished the round with an 8-over 80.
ESPN provided a video with a running counter of all his strokes (that's what she said). My favorite part of the video: "You're hitting 7." "7." "Over there." "8". "You whiffed it." "Whiffed 8." "9. 10. 11 out. 12. 13. 14." "Yeah, that sounds about right." "Yeah I think I made somewhere between a 10 and a 15." That definitely could be a part of the script for Caddyshack 3. The PGA Tour video of the full ordeal is below the ESPN video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...