Saturday, April 9, 2011

Manny Ramirez on Retirement

I would have rather seen Manny Ramirez serve the 100 game suspension and come back to a Rays team that was 0-106. Wait, they won a game? How did that happen? Oh, they scored 5 in the 9th off of a closer that's about to lose his job. That at least makes some sense. I still would have taken "Manny gets caught roiding" odds over "Day that Damon gets 2nd stolen base". ESPN had a quote from Manny where he said:
"I'm at ease. God knows what's best [for me]. I'm now an officially retired baseball player. I'll be going away on a trip to Spain with my old man."
HAHAHAHA. Manny was always a big douche but I never had anything against him. Yeah, he forced his way out of Boston but I thank him for that because he did it at a perfect time. His value plummeted after he left. That trade just further proved how much of a genius Theo Epstein is. Also, he won us some championships so there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...