Thursday, July 22, 2010

T-Mac Is Still Alive?


LOS ANGELES -- Free-agent forward Tracy McGrady worked out for the Clippers on Wednesday after taking a physical Tuesday. Clippers general manager Neil Olshey was brief in his assessment. "The workout/visit went well," he said. "Tracy will continue to explore his options as will we." In other words: It was good, but don't start printing any new Clippers T-Mac jerseys just yet. Despite drafting Al-Farouq Aminu eighth overall last month and signing free agent Ryan Gomes, the Clippers still have a noticeable hole in their starting lineup at small forward. Nonetheless, the Clippers' interest in McGrady would probably be for only a one-year contract. Last week at the NBA summer league in Las Vegas, Olshey told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the team was doing its "due diligence" in bringing McGrady in for a workout. "You're talking about one of the greatest offensive talents in our game, and if Tracy is motivated and he's right, and he wants to be with us ... how could you not bring him in and take a look?" Olshey said.

I read reports earlier in the week that the Celtics were looking at this guy but I brushed it off as bullshit and called it silly. McGrady can't play. He'll give you one good game a week and then lay down a stink bomb the rest of the way. That's just his mentality. I worked my ass off tonight so I get the next 6 days off. That's not a Boston mentality. That's not a NBA star mentality and this asshole is anything but a star caliber player at this point. If he's motivated and he's right and he want's to  be with us then you take a shot on him? Really? That's like saying if I was black, 6 foot 9 and athletic then I could cut it as a basketball player. Get the fuck outta here. I mean call my blog stupid, make fun of my amazing sense of style, tell me I'll never make out with Kourtney Kardashian but don't you dare try to tell me Tracy McGrady is still a star in this league.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...