Friday, April 9, 2010

Hank Aaron Wants You To Stop Hitting The Damn Ball So Far

NEW YORK -- Hank Aaron watches games these days and is perplexed as batter after batter tries to jack pitches out of the ballpark, obsessed with the long ball that made Hammerin' Hank famous. "I don't think they understand the role of what they need to be doing," Aaron said Thursday during a visit to The Associated Press. "I'm not saying all of them, but I think some players need to understand that they're never going to hit 50 home runs or 45 home runs [a year]. They've got to learn how to hit the ball to the opposite field and do the little things to help their ballclub win championships."

Uhhhh says the former home run king? I get it. He wants to protect his kingdom and that's fine. But why call out the big boppers of the league? Last I checked, chicks dig the long ball. That's why in wiffle ball you won't ever find me trying to hit for average. I want it all or I'm going home. And I'm usually headed home. Yeah, I could probably smack little dribblers down the line and beat it out every time like Jacoby Ellsbury but there's no glory in that. Jesse Welch was smacked out of the league because we all took his pitches deep. Poor guy just couldn't sleep at night. Hank Aaron needs to realize that the shit that got him off all those years is the same shit that gets the young guys come backing for more, day in and day out. I mean Wily Mo Pena wasn't traded to the Sox because he knew how to hit to opposite fields.


P.S. I think that Pena trade hurt Ortiz more than when they got rid of Manny. Those two were like big brother/little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...