Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Saga Of Allen Iverson Continues

DALLAS -- Allen Iverson could be back in a Philadelphia 76ers uniform as early as next Monday night. Two sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Sixers are indeed targeting Monday's home game against the Denver Nuggets -- another of Iverson's former teams -- if they go forward with what appears to be a growing intent to bring back their controversial franchise icon. After club officials met face-to-face with Iverson and his representatives for nearly two hours Monday before Philadelphia's 104-102 loss to the Dallas Mavericks, three of the organization's key figures -- Sixers coach Eddie Jordan, general manager Ed Stefanski and Comcast-Spectacor chairman Ed Snider -- all insisted publicly that no firm decision has been made on re-signing Iverson for the rest of the season. But sources stressed to ESPN.com that plans behind the scenes have progressed to a level where Iverson's return is now regarded by both sides as far more likely than not.

Love it. Nothing better than matching a struggling franchise and a perceived locker room cancer together. I hope Iverson isn't washed up but it has yet to be seen in my opinion. You can't take games over and be a one dimensional team in this league anymore. You don't see teams being led by a lone superstar anymore. All the top teams have 3 to 4 scoring threats are able to go off any night. In the end I understand Philly needing to sell tickets and give the 76ers some buzz but I think it just hurts them in the long run. Hopefully I'm wrong. And. there is a 88% chance that I'm wrong. Who does Philly even have on the team to give Iverson someone to yell at? They got the other A.I. and Elton "I'll be injured in 4 games" Brand. I do like Jrue Holiday though and I have no idea why. Him, Brandon Jennings, Sebastian Telfair, Russel Westbrook and the entire Minnesota T-Wolves roster just do something for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...