Monday, December 21, 2009

Only Brett Takes Brett Out Of The Game


Brett Favre didn't want to come out of Sunday's 26-7 loss to the Carolina Panthers. He let Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress know about it. And after the game he let the media know about it. Television footage showed Favre and Childress in an animated discussion on the sideline during the third quarter, while the Vikings were still leading 7-6. With the offensive line struggling to contain Panthers defensive end Julius Peppers, Favre was getting hurried and knocked down. Favre did not come out of the game. But in postgame comments, it was apparent he was not happy with what happened."Yeah, there was a heated discussion, I guess you would call it," Favre said of the exchange. "No secret, I was getting hit a little bit. I felt the pressure on a lot of plays. We had seven points. So I think everyone in the building was like, 'They're not moving the ball, they're not getting points.' Brad wanted to go in a different direction and I wanted to stay in the game. "

WHAT?! You can't question the gunslinger! Let Brett keep slingin, baby. This just spells trouble for the Vikings, though. I mean I don't wanna be fighting with my fiancee 3 weeks before the wedding and I don't want my franchise player fighting with the head coach 3 weeks before the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...