Saturday, December 26, 2009

Tracy Just Wants To Play


Tracy McGrady says he's ready to see more action for the Houston Rockets. The Rockets decided he won't see any action for at least two games. Three days after McGrady said he wanted to increase his playing time, the Houston Chronicle reported Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said the team would rest McGrady during this weekend's games and would consider changes to the rotation once it returned to Houston early next week. "I'm a player, man," McGrady said in the Chronicle. "I don't make these decisions. I just abide by whatever they bring to me. That's the plan. I'm not going to argue and fight with them -- just run with it. I felt it was time [to increase the routine of playing seven to eight first-half minutes]. "I'm not going to cause any confusion or confrontations. As a player, that's what I felt. They obviously feel different. That's what I have to roll with." McGrady has played a very limited schedule after returning from microfracture surgery on his knee midway through last season. The Rockets have held him to the same pattern of playing time since he returned to action Dec. 15 against the Detroit Pistons.

Listen, I love T-mac just as much as the next guy and I'd love to see him get back into form but it's not gonna happen. Ever. There comes a time in every man's life where one day everything just seems to be slipping away. Day by day you get slower, step by step until you realize you're only half the man you were yesterday. Thankfully I got a lot of years in front of me but Tracy doesn't and it's fucking sad to watch him fool himself. I go back to my man J-welch in wiffleball. Young kid could throw the heater right down the plate and there wasn't a thing you could do about it. But weeks went by and players started turning the bat a little quicker. He was taken yard every swing and the biggest player in the league was turned into the smallest. People say you can still see him in the yard trying to get his pitch back but you and I both know it'll never happen. Let him be a cautionary tale for guys like Tracy.


P.S. You can't take a guy with a barb wire tattoo seriously. That's a fact of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...