Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sox Get MVP SS For Free!

"They've asked me if I think I could play shortstop," Pedroia told Gammons. "They've put it out there and I've told them I'm all for it. I can do it. I can't wait for Tito [Terry Francona] to call me and ask, 'Can you do it?' I can do it. I really want to do it." Pedroia played shortstop at Arizona State and began his career in the Red Sox organization at the position before moving to second base when he was paired with Hanley Ramirez at Double A Portland in 2005. Gammons suggests that the move would like only be temporary, with the Sox acquiring someone such as free agent Orlando Hudson or the Reds' Brandon Phillips to hold down second base for a year or two. The Red Sox consider prospect Jose Iglesias the shortstop of the future, but he is just 19 and probably requires a couple years of seasoning. "When the idea of moving back to shortstop was floated to me, I welcomed it," Pedroia told Gammons. "I'm excited. Tell Derek (Jeter) to enjoy the gold glove and silver slugger awards while he can. Obviously, I'm not serious about the fun I have with Derek, but I'm never stopping believing in the goal. I believe I can play shortstop and help get the Red Sox back where they belong."

Yeah, that's right. We had him all along. We just got the best shortstop in the league and he was under our noses the whole time. Might have forgotten about him because he was busy winning a world series in 2007 and a MVP award in 2008 while playing second base but now he wants to be the best a couple feet to his right. You wont See Jeter winning another undeserved gold glove or some sympathy sportsmen of the year bullshit from Sports Illustrated ever again. This all goes back to my original thought. Theo saw the Yankees win and he started scheming. We're not going to spend big on some jackass name Scutaro. We're getting Bay or Holliday, trading for Gonzo, making a run for Lackey to show Toronto that Halladay isn't our only option, sign Orlando Hudson 'cause people love him and in the year 2010 we'll be back on top of the world.


P.S. I've always had a thing for Brandon Phillips of the Reds. I don't know what it is. Second Basemen from Cincy have always had a strong hold on me for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...