Thursday, April 2, 2009

Iverson Needs a Hug :(

Iverson complained about his minutes on Tuesday after playing 18 against Cleveland. He admitted that he does not like the new role after playing 17 in a 111-98 loss to the Nets on Wednesday. "I'd rather retire before I do this again," Iverson said. "I can't be effective playing this way. I'm not used to it. It's tough for me both mentally and physically. If I'm able to go out there, I should be able to get it done and I can't right now. It's my fault. I have to be able to overcome the adversity and do what I have to do. I just have to find a way to get it done. Not being 100 percent makes it harder and you can see that I'm not 100 percent."


I'm a big fan of Iverson. Always have been and always will be. He might not work the hardest off the court but in a game you wont find another player who will sacrifice his cock n balls for the team. It's tough to watch a player like him slowly and painfully diminish. Here's a guy who relies on taking body shots and being faster than everyone else and he's just being shut down because of his aging body. The bottom line is Iverson can't be a 2nd or 3rd option on any team. He thrives off being the #1 guy and he hasn't been that for 2 or 3 years now. He'll never be a true point guard like teams want him to be. Whatever. Hate him or love him, you don't like to see any guy lose his fastball. Especially one who lived by the high cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...