Monday, March 23, 2009

Yeah, Lance

Lance Armstrong will have surgery for a broken collarbone that will interrupt, but not necessarily derail, his preparation for the Tour de France this summer. Armstrong was with the main pack of riders Monday afternoon, chasing a breakaway on a rough, narrow country road, when he got caught in a pileup near the end of Stage 1 of the Vuelta a Castilla y Leon, a minor five-day stage race in the countryside north of Madrid. He landed heavily and sat cradling his right arm until an ambulance arrived to transport him to a local hospital. X-rays revealed a fractured middle third right collarbone, and Armstrong also suffered bruising on his hip and arm.

I get it Lance. You beat cancer and all that jazz. It's admirable, you're an American hero. Texas boy makes good blah blah blah. He fell off his bike. Boo fuckin hoo. When I fell off my bike I didn't go to the hospital. I whiped the blood off my arm and I got back and put the peddle to the metal. You didn't become a legend on the carriage drive bike circuit by pulling out of races. Oh, and if I saw a pileup of other bikers I would usually try to avoid them. I might be an asshole but I'm not gonna run a couple of my competitors over just because I have one nut and they have two. You got what you deserved. That's harsh? Maybe don't cheat on your wife with sheryl crow. Or try to date Mary Kate Olson. Just because he had cancer it's like people give him the free pass on everything and I don't like it. If Lance wants to challenge me to a race then I'm free anytime. Go karts, grocery store, those remote control boats. When it comes to Lance Armstrong, the story ends with me puttin him into the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...