Friday, June 3, 2011

This Is Why I Can Never Respect Baseball Players

Joe Torre, who oversees baseball operations for Major League Baseball, plans to call Brian Sabean regarding comments the San Francisco Giants general manager made in a Thursday radio interview, a source told ESPN on Friday. Sabean called the much-discussed May 25 collision at home plate between the Florida Marlins' Scott Cousins and Buster Posey, which resulted in a season-ending injury to the Giants catcher, "malicious" on KNBR of San Francisco. Sabean said he did not blame Posey for refusing to return an apologetic phone call.  "Why not be hard-nosed?" Sabean told the radio station. "If I never hear from Cousins again or he never plays another game in the big leagues, I think we'll all be happy." Sabean did not back down later in the interview; rather, he left little doubt that the Giants are planning on exacting some on-field revenge against Cousins. "He chose to be a hero, in my mind, and if that's his flash of fame, that's as good as it's going to get, pal. We'll have a long memory," Sabean told KNBR. "Believe me, we've talked to (former catcher Mike) Matheny about how this game works. You can't be that out-and-out overly aggressive. I'll put it as politically as I can state it: There's no love lost and there shouldn't be."

Oh boo fucking hoo. You're star player got hurt on a freak injury at the plate. Last I checked it wasn't a crime to play hard nosed baseball. That type of shit use to be respected and expected but now we're calling out guys for being wreckless? For playing with too much intensity? Am I living in bizarro world? I would be embarrassed to be a Giants fan with this giant pussy running his mouth on radio about a week old injury. Get the fuck over it. Yeah the injury sucks dick but a real man would chalk it up to a good. Nothing more, nothing less. Fucking baseball players.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...