Monday, June 20, 2011

Big Baby Is Delusional.

Davis never clarified exactly what was weighing on his mind, but lingering free-agent status surely was certainly chief among them. Davis will be an unrestricted free agent on July 1 and, particularly with a potential lockout looming, his future is very much up in the air. A new collective bargaining agreement would help determine whether his basketball address will change, but Davis said he's not worrying about what he can't control. What Davis is worrying about is making sure he can be himself wherever he plays his next basketball. "I feel I know what's most important to me and that's Glen being Glen. I can't perform the way I need to perform if I'm not Glen Davis. I need to be in situation where I'm going to be Glen Davis. If it's here with the Celtics or with somebody else. I just want to make sure I'm Glen Davis, whatever I do, wherever I'm at. That's all I'm really concentrating on, being Glen Davis, and being a complete player." Asked if he can be "Glen Davis" in Boston, Davis endured a long pause before answering. "I can be Glen Davis wherever," he said. "It depends on the system, the people around the system, who is going to let Glen Davis be Glen Davis, not let Glen Davis be something they think he should be." On media day before the 2010-11 season, Davis openly complained about the lack of a defined role in Boston, suggesting marquee offseason additions in recent seasons (Rasheed Wallace, Jermaine O'Neal) left him in constant flux and without a specific position. Coach Doc Rivers fired back by suggesting Davis shut his mouth and do what the team asked him to do. Davis responded by earning consideration for Sixth Man of the Year with his versatility. The Celtics employed Davis at both power forward and center, Rivers doing all he could to bring Davis off the bench in order to maximize his ability to play both spots. Besides career-high production in most major statistical categories, Davis topped the league in charges drawn and finished third in total offensive fouls drawn. But he struggled mightily late in the season and into the playoffs where the mental pressure left him looking at the sideline after each missed basket or blown defensive assignment. Davis said Monday that he's been "exercising his mind" this offseason. Rivers, never shy to implore a little tough love on Davis, hinted after the season that he thought Davis might have been weighed down by impending free agency. Davis jabbed back a bit Monday. "I don't try to pay attention," said Davis. "I know Doc talks a lot. I don't pay attention to that. That's what he does. That's Doc, he loves to talk."

Did Big Baby just go third person on us in three different paragraphs? What the fuck is that?  I don't even think Rondo goes third person on the media and he's the one guy on the team who probably could and it would be alright. But the bottom line is this. The Celtics don't love Glen Davis as much as Glen Davis loves Glen Davis. The Celts will never love him and they shouldn't. He's a solid player, don't get me wrong but he's nothing special. Every team has a Glen Davis, they just don't have a Big Baby and I'd be then happy to see him crawl away from us this summer. I'm sick of his bullshit and his whining like he's something to write home about. He's not. He's a bench player at best. He's a solid B- and that's what he's gonna be for the rest of his career and he needs to realize it now or he's gonna have a rude wake up call. Take it from a guy who knows. I used to think I was a stud. I'd put my looks up there with anybody. A+ material type of shit in my head. But then I woke the fuck up one day and realized I'm a B, maybe borderline B+ and you know what? I'm OK with that. You can't make somebody love you if they don't, big fella. You can't make their heart feel something it won't. Cut your losses.



P.S. On a totally unrelated note, we were talking about what you'd do if "Friday" came on in the next room while you were having sex. Such a no brainer for me. PARTYIN, PARTYIN, YEAH. PARTYIN, PARTYIN, YEAH. FUN, FUN, FUN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...