Friday, June 24, 2011

Danny Ainge Must Die.

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics have preached a focus on getting younger and more athletic this offseason and started that process Thursday by adding Purdue power forward JaJuan Johnson with the team's first-round selection in the NBA draft. The Celtics originally held pick No. 25, but worked a draft-day deal with the New Jersey Nets, acquiring a 2014 second-round pick to move down two spots, where New Jersey grabbed Johnson for Boston. The Celtics chose Providence's Marshon Brooks at No. 25 for New Jersey as part of the deal. The Celtics added a second Purdue product, shooting guard E'Twaun Moore, with their second-round pick (No. 55 overall). "Two really good, productive college players," Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said. "Mature kids, great character and attitude. We got some shooting, we got some length, and I think they're a good fit for us." Celtics coach Doc Rivers admitted the team had honed in on three players in the first round: Johnson, Boston College's Reggie Jackson and Marquette's Jimmy Butler. When Jackson got hooked by the Oklahoma City Thunder at No. 24, the Celtics elected to move down, but were pleased to see Johnson available at that point. "I like it," Rivers said. "Big 10 Player of the Year, athletic, can shoot -- I like it a lot. We didn't think he'd be there and he was.

I'm sure JaJuan Johnson is a nice player and might even contribute next year but I don't really give a fuck. I wanted Marshon Brooks. I would have forgiven Danny for trading Perk if he drafted Brooks. He was Ryan Gomes 2.0. Just a slick shooting guard with superstar capability from Providence and we fucking had him only to have Danny Ainge try to be Maverick GM or whatever. I'm sick of his shit. Motherfucker is always trying to wheel and deal and look like some hard ass. I have absolutely no faith in the guy in the way I trust Theo Epstein or Belichick to make the right roster move. I'm at the point where if we having something, I expect Ainge to fuck it up then shit on it. Ainge must go. Ainge must die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...