Thursday, June 23, 2011

'Glee' Star Cory Monteith Was Addicted to Drugs

cory monteith drugs glee rehab addicted
Cory Monteith just made up for being on 'Glee' with the release of new details that he started doing pretty much every drug at 13, got addicted to them, dropped out of school at 16, went to rehab, got out then repeated the whole process. He was a Canadian Ryan Atwood.
Reuters – "Glee" actor Cory Monteith said he had such a serious drug problem as a teenager that friends once feared he could die.

Monteith, 29, plays naive high school football star Finn Hudson in the television musical comedy. But the Canadian actor told Parade magazine he was nothing like his quiet, well-behaved TV character, and that by the age of 13 he was skipping school to get drunk and smoke pot.

At 16 years old, when he quit school for good, he had attended 12 different schools.

"I burned a lot of bridges. I was out of control," Monteith told Parade. "I had a serious problem" (with drugs). "Anything and everything as much as possible.

Afraid that he "could die," his mother and a group of friends staged an intervention when he was 19. "That's when I first went to rehab. I did the stint but then went back to doing exactly what I left off doing."

It was only later that he decided to get clean.

"I stole a significant amount of money from a family member," Monteith said. "I knew I was going to get caught, but I was so desperate I didn't care. It was a cry for help. I was confronted and I said, 'Yeah, it was me.' It was the first honorable, truthful thing that had come out of my mouth in years."
First of all, what's with the one sentence paragraphs? You're Reuters, a reputable news source, not a Kindergarten class using Kid Pix.

"Anything and everything as much as possible" - that's the motto I try to live by. "Would you like a beer?" Yes, but not just one. Give me 37. "Do you want to go see a movie?" Sure, but let's see every movie at the theater too. "Are you going to eat the rest of that?" No? Alright then pass it over.

If you're gonna do something you might as well go full force and not half-ass it. I'm sure Cory just realized that he wasn't able to fully commit to school because he had too many other priorities (smoking weed, doing heroine, stealing money, being awesome) so he just dropped out. With 'Glee' he saw a chance to go back to high school as a "29-year-old who still looks 16" and make up for his past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...