Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Just Died Inside.

The patron saint of March Madness buzzer-beaters will not be calling the NCAA tournament next year.
SI.com has learned that CBS Sports recently parted ways with Gus Johnson, a play-by-play mainstay on its college basketball coverage for 16 years, after the two sides could not agree on a new deal. Johnson has also worked as a play-by-play voice for the network's NFL coverage since 1998. Johnson's animated style and signature calls at the conclusion of tournament games earned him cult status among younger college basketball fans. During his decade and a half with CBS, Johnson also called college football, track and field, boxing and the 1998 Winter Olympics. Johnson's marketing agent, Christian Gesue, declined to comment. Johnson is scheduled to work Showtime's pay-per-view coverage of Saturday's Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley fight. He has called college basketball for the Big Ten Network for the past two years.

Don't leave me, Gus. Not this week. Not during one of the worst 5 day stretches of my life. Yeah we murdered the shit out of Bin Laden but I feel like I have a bear trying to claw himself out of my chest and I'm breathing like a fat kid on Chicken Patty day. I got the sniffles like you read about and I'm the guy who refuses to blow my nose. Shit freaks me out. Tried to go for a run and I almost collapsed like I was gunning for home from fucking Baghdad. When it rains it pours, I suppose. Whatever. I'm miserable. Cue the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...