Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm Giddy For Game 1 Of The Finals Tonight and I Don't Like it



I can go on and on about how much I fucking hate Chris Bosh and Lebron and how I wouldn't even bat an eyelash if they died tomorrow. I can do that for a lot of people. But I got to thinking today about how I'm weirdly excited to watch two teams I hate with a passion. Make no mistake about it, I can't stand Dallas. I hate the entire state of Texas. I hate the Cowboys, I hate Mark Cuban, I hate the Rangers, I hate the Alamo, I hate the Spurs, I hate George W Bush, I hate illegal immigrants, and I  hate how people want to compare Dirk to Larry Legend even though Dirk has won absolutely nothing in his career. But having said all that, I want to see this game happen because beneath all the hateful feelings and Celtic pride, there's the truth. Yeah Lebron James is a piece of shit dude but he's also pretty fucking good. I'm talking top 3 of all time. He does things that no other player has done before him and might not do after him. It'd be dumb as shit to not watch that egotistical jackass in the Finals just because I'm bitter about an early playoff exit. I also think Dirk is pretty fucking good. He aint Lebron and he aint Larry Bird which means he aint great but he's a good player. He's like Luke Donald in golf. He'll give you a couple runs at the #1 spot in this era but can he stand the test of time if he went at Tiger, Nicklaus, Palmer, Mickelson, and Hogan all in their prime at the same time? Doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...