Monday, November 8, 2010

Tom Terrific Drops Nike, Picks Up Under Armour

Tom Brady told Sports Illustrated's Peter King that he recently signed a contract to endorse Under Armour after his deal with Nike expired in the summer. The deal includes a financial stake in the 14-year-old Maryland company. "Under Armour's everything I was looking for," Brady said. "It's cool. It's fun. It's what so many of the kids are wearing, and I like to try to stay cutting-edge. I like the company. I think we've got a lot in common. We both want to stay hungry, stay humble.'' King reports that Brady is Under Armour's first superstar athlete, and the quarterback will appear in commercials and print ads starting in early 2011. Under Armour's highest-profile endorsers are Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, swimmer Michael Phelps and skier Lindsey Vonn. "At this point in my career, it's got to be about a product I believe in," Brady said. "I felt there wasn't anything better out there. This is such a young company to be where they are. This kind of tells you where the market's at."

I like it a lot. Tom Terrific was too big for Nike and he wasn't getting any of the love. They got rapists like Kobe, sex addicts named Tiger and egomaniacs like Lebron to deal with it.  Clearly they try to have the greatest athlete in every sport but not anymore because Tom has something in the blogging biz that we like to call "morals." This kind of fucks me up though. #12 doesn't believe in the products that Nike puts out? Does that mean I have to rock under armour shoes now? I like their soft t-shirts but I don't know about sneaks. I guess I'll just stick to Jordans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...